What’s the best framework for web application development?
It’s a frequent question from almost every business leader of today.
Today, almost every business owner and entrepreneur seeks to develop innovative web applications for both the new enterprise or well-established business venture. In this situation, businesses often look for PHP frameworks, which will help in enterprise web applications effectively and at the fastest rate possible. And with so many development frameworks available it’s an entirely valid question difficult to consider anyone among them. Also, what suits one person, won’t suit another. In this situation, businesses often look for PHP frameworks, which will help in enterprise web applications effectively and at the fast rate possible. So to help you overcome your selection, here is the detailed comparison of Laravel development and ASP.NET development – the two great frameworks for you to mull over.
Getting Started with Laravel Development
Laravel is a robust and open-source type of PHP framework as well as a useful tool to accomplish enterprise software development. The framework has tons of interesting features, such as secure routing, simple verification, unit testing, and many more. Laravel framework comes with many multi-functional features. A few of the important ones are-
Dependency Management – Dependency management understands a few of the basic functions performed by a service container. Inversion is one of the dependable tools of its service container responsible to manage class dependencies.
Modularity – With Laravel, you may separate the existing business logic easily in diverse modules, which combine to develop a fully functional application. It has a group of components useful for creating modular components.
Authentication – With this framework, any skilled laravel developer may create unique authentication by simply operating a few of the commands and in turn, gives rise to a holistic type of authentication system.
Routing – The framework allows simple and easy routing. If you want to design effective search engines with relatable URLs, you will find laravel as the best option.
Caching – The feature of caching reduces the processing time dramatically to increase the overall performance.
Testing and Debugging – Laravel has its built-in test system, which aims to test applications. The framework supports PHP, which makes both testing and debugging easy.
Pros: What we like about Laravel
- The framework is free, open-source, and has a big team to support it.
- Laravel is ideal to develop many big projects, like Facebook and other websites.
- The framework comes with high scalability.
- It works in an excellent way to access information from different data types to set up communication.
- It is perfect to develop CMS and online scripts.
Cons: What we don’t like about Laravel
- Laravel cannot be the right option to develop applications to run on a desktop.
- The framework is relatively slow as compared to any other framework or programming language.
- It allows customization, because of which it has many scopes related to bugs and leads to the derailing of the code quality.
- Error handling, in this case, is slow as compared to any other programming language.
Getting Started with ASP.NET Development
It is an open-source framework but possesses cross-platform support, along with command-like applications. The framework supports each of the platforms I.e. Linux, Mac, and Windows. The framework is based on the cloud and is lightweight. Besides, it has IoT, Cloud, and Mobile-based solutions.
Performance – The framework is known for its outstanding performance. While compiling your code, it optimizes automatically to boost performance. The best thing is that you do not need to change the code. Instead, the mentioned Dot Net framework optimizes the existing code directly via the re-compilation process.
Command Line – The framework gives a command line to support each of the big platforms, such as Mac, Linux, and Windows. The command-line app can host, create and execute varieties of applications.
Allows Easy Maintenance – ASP.NET demands a relatively less number of codes to optimize the coding structure easily with only a few of the statements. Indeed, with less coding, maintenance of the framework becomes easy. Moreover, by reading and learning the latest changes as well as staying updated with the enhancements, you may improve the maintenance standards.
Cross-platform – The framework is of cross-platform type, because of which you may design almost every type of application to run on Windows, Linux, and Mac devices. Asp.net thus gives high exposure to businesses on diverse platforms.
Pros: What we like about ASP.NET
- The framework is suitable for its high scalability.
- NET gets support from each type of programming language and works well with C# or any application.
- It identifies any development-related error before the time of its compilation.
- As the framework has different features and support tools, it works on different windows platforms without any flaw.
- It is potent enough to create effective enterprise applications.
- The framework has an excellent user Interface and allows speedy development based on different pre-coded options.
Cons: What we don’t like about ASP.NET
- The framework is not suitable for beginners as it is difficult to understand and learn both.
- The technical support here is unviable because it has PHP developers.
- The framework operates only on the server of Microsoft.
- NET is of closed source and comes with relatively less ability to develop websites.
From Technological Point of View
Size of the Project – Laravel is the right choice to develop small projects, while ASP.NET is an excellent option for medium and large-scale projects, which do not require extra support.
Compiled Vs Interpreted Code – Laravel uses an interpreted type of code to make the program completely independent of any platform. On the other side, ASP.NET utilizes compiled code, which executes almost similar to machine code and works with system hardware.
Design Options – Laravel framework allows you to create appealing and user-friendly web pages. In contrast, ASP.NET focuses more on adding functionality and security to your existing system.
Horizontal Vs Vertical Scaling – Laravel enables horizontal scaling while its counterpart ASP.NET allows vertical scaling. Accordingly, you have to decide how you have to expand before selecting a particular framework for web development.
Security – If you want to design a secure system, you have to search for skilled professionals, who may use the abilities of PHP Laravel and in-build ASP.NET features. Based on the comparison, ASP.NET works at a fast rate as compared to the Laravel framework. However, Laravel covers different functions with improved frontend technology.
Entrepreneurs seeking to develop official websites for their young startup companies must go with the PHP Laravel framework. In contrast, ASP.NET is an excellent option for any big company or organization willing to create a robust type of web platform.